It's been a long weekend of being productive and completely lazy. I can't really describe it. For a few hours, I am literally sloth like...not moving, just watching TV and flipping from website to website. Then the next hour, I am weeding through my closet cleaning everything out. The problem with this? These spurts of energy usually come late at night, meaning that all the piles I start to organize end up on my bed, and then when it's bedtime, and the piles are still there, I have to relocate them to someplace else in my room. And so the cycle perpetuates.
Why all this organizing and cleaning? It could be the usually urge for spring cleaning, but I also thing it's part of this metamorphosis that I've been going through lately. Change is in the air. I am cleaning because I want to redecorate my room. I want to add new colors and new accessories and I feel like to do that, I need a clean slate (well, as clean of a slate as I can give myself since I squirrel things away and rarely get rid of much). It all stemming from that birthday I was talking about earlier. It's brought a lot to the forefront, as it only gives me one year of cushion until the dreaded 3-0. The big one. I have a whole lot to get done in a year. Whole bunches in fact. After having a full-blown existential crisis a few weeks back, I have discovered something. I have no idea what I want to do with my life. Really. I mean it. I have no clue at all. I have decided that I really need to find a career counselor...and win the lottery. Overall, I know one thing...my ambition is to have a goal to work towards.
I keep waiting for it to hit me. Maybe I'll dream it up.
No comments:
Post a Comment